Skin Blemish Removal
This specialist treatment uses an advanced electrolysis technique to safely and effectively remove minor red veins and skin blemishes. Electrolysis uses an electrical current (diathermy) which produces heat, this is then used to remove or cauterise the blemish. Electrolysis has been used for almost a century in medicine and more recently in aesthetics and remains the gold standard for blemish removal due to its comfort, safety and effectiveness.
The Beauty Suite is approved and licensed by the Environmental Health department of the Local Authority for this treatment.
Advanced Electrolysis offers the ideal treatment for:
* Facial Thread Veins - as found on the cheeks and around the nose.
* Spider Naevus - a central dilated capillary with smaller capillaries like the legs of a spider.
* Capmbell de Morgans (Blood Spots) - a bright red circular vasular blemish commonly found on the midriff and torso but can occur anywhere.
* Skin Tags - harmless growths of skin common in areas of friction.
* Milia - small, hard, white lumps containing keratin common in dry areas such as around the eyes and the upper cheeks.
* Warts - certain types of wart can be treated, this is established via consultation.
* Moles - with a GP's consent.
Electrolysis can be a little uncomfortable but does not usually require any anaethetic cream. However, for larger blemishes, and certainly those around the nose or lips this is advisable. Certain blemishes might require more than one treatment to achieve the desired result. There are many blemishes which can be successfully treated with electrolysis, please do book a free consultation.
Electrolysis is not suitable for everyone due to the use of an electrical current. Definate contraindications include:
* those fitted with a pacemaker
* those who have an internal auditory device (hearing aid)
* Keloid scarring (abnormal healing post injury)
Electrolysis cannot be performed during pregnancy. A full consultation will be carried out with you covering your medical history, the results you can expect, aftercare and follow up.
Skin can be a little red afterward and for this reason you might want to consider the timing of your treatment. This is perfectly normal and will subside within 24 hours. You will be given a little pot of aloe vera gel to use at home post treatment or you are welcome to buy some in preperation. Make-up, unless a pure mineral brand should not be applied until the area is fully healed. One is also advised to avoid steam and any heat treatments, sun beds or sunbathing during the healing time. Vitamin C aids healing and the use of a SPF (30 as a minimum) is always advisable. Aftercare will be discussed with you in full and a written copy can be provided.
Treatment of one blemish(ie. one skin tag or one blood spot depending on the size of the blemish) - from £15-£20
Treatment by time (for red veins and more than one blemish) - 15 mins £45.00, 30 mins £70.00