In England, beauty salons were allowed to open on the 13th July, offering a restricted menu of treatments.
On the 17th July the Government announced that treatments on the face can recommence as of the 1st August. This includes facials, lashes, brows, facial waxing and threading.
Until the 1st August therefore, only the following will be available:
Waxing - of the body only. Due to high demand I am now only seeing my existing clients for intimate waxing
Massage - Up to one hour only with no facial massage and no hot stones
Pedicure - with a new 'one use' line of products and new 1 step polish, back on the menu throughout the summer and autumn
Ear piercing - is permitted as I stand to the side
Advanced electrolysis for the body
Our professional body, The British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology is liaising with Government and updating its members accordingly. I will update this page as and when I receive notifications.
Please do follow @thebeautysuitetruro on Instagram and facebook as I will be posting any news on there also.
If you have any concerns or questions then please do not hesitate to contact me.
TEMPORARY CHANGE TO OPENING HOURS - As I can only carry out a limited range of treatments I will be condensing my working days to Monday, Wednesday, Fridayand Saturdays.
GIFT VOUCHERS - If you have a gift voucher which was purchased prior to lockdown I will extend its 'use by' date by 16 weeks, this being the number of weeks I have been closed.
In line with Government guidance and as I work alone in a shared buidling the following will apply-
1. Please only attend if you are feeling well and not displaying any symptoms of Covid-19. This also applies to anyone in your household or recent contact with a confirmed covid patient.
2. Please attend your appointment alone and kindly arrive on time - there will be no waiting facilities. The landlord is requesting that the front door remain closed. I will therefore come down for you at your appointed time.
3. I kindly ask that you minimise what you bring with you, belongings and coats will be left in my waiting room (which will be locked while you are with me).
4. To maintain social distancing in the salon my door will remain closed and only one other person in addition to myself will be allowed in at any one time.
5. All bookings will be via appoinment only. I will not be accepting any walk-ins for the time being.
6. There will be no refreshments available so please bring your own.
7. I will be wearing a mask/visor, gloves and apron. These will be changed after each client.
8. You are welcome to wear a mask but this is not mandatory, but could change.
9. Sanitising hand gel will be available for your convenience.
10. Towels will only be used when absolutely necessary eg. for facials and massage and will, as always, be changed after each client. In addition, you are welcome to bring your own towels which can be placed on the sanitised plastic sheeting.
11. Disposables will be used whenever possible and all tools will be sterilised inbetween clients. This is normal practice however.
12. If you wish to only purchase products (EnvironSkincare and the Advanced Nutrition Programme) then please call/text or email me beforehand so I can take payment and then arrange for collection/postage/delivery.
13. I will be allowing more time inbetween clients to allow for cleaning and sanitising. I will therefore not be able to see as many clients in one day as I would do usually.
Some salons are adding a small fee of £1.00-£2.50 to treatments to help cover the cost of PPE. I would like to suggest a voluntary contribution if you so wish, for any amount, which will be much appreciated in the present circumstances.
Please bear with me! I hope things will run smoothly and your treatment is still as enjoyable as ever.