I use both warm/creme wax (with paper strips on the face as it does not 'stick' plus a talc preparation to help prevent reddening) as well as hot wax depending upon the type of hair to be removed. For the face I use a roller system with warm wax, the fine roller allows precise application of the wax making it perfect for eyebrows and the upper lip. If you prefer hot wax for your brows however that is not a problem! I use Perron Rigot, a French brand of exceptional quality renowned for its comfort and efficiency.
Just to be Aware .....
- Certain medication can sensitise the skin or thin the skin such as warfarin and steroids. I will cover this at consultation but threading could be an option.
- Vitamin A creams including retinol can cause skin to be very red and can result in the very top layer being removed with strip waxing. Vitamin A compacts the stratum corneum (the very top layer), waxing can therefore remove that top layer.
- Certain exfoliants namely lactic, glycol and salicylic acid can result in reddening and partial skin removal if waxed. This is not the case with everyone and does depend on the integrity of your skin, I will ask you if you use any of these ingredients in your skin care regime but just to be aware!
- There is no medical reason why you cannot be waxed during pregnancy. However, due to hormonal changes it can be more painful than usual with increased erythema (reddening of the skin) and possibly a little swelling.
- Eyebrows - £10.00 (wax or thread - please see the brows page for more detail)
- Lip - £8.00
- Chin - £8.00
- Lip and Chin - £14.00
- Cheeks/Jawline - by consultation
Body and Intimate Waxing
I have offered body and intimate waxing for many years. I am now finding that the position I adopt for waxing has taken its toll on my back and have taken the decision to not take any new clients for body/intimate waxing on re-opening in April 2021.